We are looking for employers who are prepared to offer local secondary students undertaking vocational courses the chance to develop their skills and gain on-the-job experience.
– are enthusiastic and well prepared for Structured Workplace Learning Placement
– have theoretical knowledge of Occupational Health & Safety and general work practices.
– have obtained theoretical knowledge and some practical skills relevant to your industry.
Your organisation can benefit by:
– gaining access to potential trained recruits (full-time,part-time, casual)
– providing your existing employees with opportunities to develop their training & supervisory skills
– making training more relevant to your industry
– raise your profile in the local community
– having student Workcover/public liability insurance covered by the school.
The Banyule Nillumbik Workplace Learning Coordinator Program has been established to increase participation in Structured Workplace Learning by local secondary students and local employers. We are here to support employers and schools to ensure successful placements.